Fat Boy
Madison was diagnosed with diabetes about a month ago. He looked like he had lost some weight, was drinking a lot, acting weird, and was having trouble jumping up on the bed so I took him to the vet. After they weighed him and I realized that he lost 4 pounds, I started crying! I felt like such a bad mommy for not realizing sooner that something was wrong! I thought he had cancer but thankfully I was wrong!! He is now on insulin and has to be given insulin shots twice a day. He went in for a re-check yesterday
and to our veterinarian's pleasant surprise Madi has taken to the insulin so well that she was able to reduce the dose he must take! Yay! He's doing great now and seems to be back to his old self :) So we have a few more years with our Fat Boy to enjoy the head butts and snuggles that he likes to give!

Post a Comment